Course Title: Introducting to Corporate Finance
Duration: 8 hours
Cost: R$ 320,00
Objectives of the Course
- Show a knowledge and understanding of the objectives of the firm.
- Use and critically evaluate the traditional and discounted cash flow models of investment appraisal.
- Understand the contribution of portfolio theory to a firm´s view of risk and return.
- Critically evaluate the capital asset pricing model and its implications.
- Determine the cost of capital of a firm.
Organisational and Finanacial Goals
- The Role of the Financial Manager
- Shareholder Value v Profit Maximization
- Corporate Governance
- Calculating Present Values
- Valuing Bonds and Common Stocks
- Investment Appraisal Techniques
Risk and Return
- Measuring Risk
- Portfolio Theory
- Capital Asset Pricing Model
- Debt v Equity
- Capital Structure and Beta
- Weighted-Average Cost of Capital
*Coffee break included during Saturday class