Course Title: Fundamentals of Corporate Governance
Duration: 8 hours
Cost: R$ 320,00
Objectives of the Course
- Explain the legal aspects of corporate governance.
- Evaluate the main perspectives and issues in the area of corporate governance.
- Discuss the notorious corporate governance failures and the remedial actions they inspired.
- Understand the imprortance of information disclosure and company tranparency.
- Describe the role of both internal and external control systems.
The Corporate Structure
- Purpose and Powers of a Corporation
- Corporate Accountability
- External Mechanisms for Directing Corporate Behaviour
Theories of Corporate Governance
- Agency Theory
- Stakeholder Theory
- Transaction Cost Theory
Enron: A Case in Corporate Governance Failure
- Signs of Distress
- Creative Accounting
- The Aftermath
Transparency in Corporate Governance
- Disclosure to Stakeholders
- Internal Control
- External Auditing
*Coffee break included during Saturday class